Before you read this article, perhaps you would rather watch our Video Tutorial.
Although most email settings are identical, the iPhone requires a special setting for the incoming and outgoing mail servers. Instead of using the defaults that are typically used in the email settings replace mail.yourdomain.com with yourservername.boundlesstech.com
If you aren't sure of the name of your server you can usually find it in the Stats on the left hand side of your cPanel. If you don't see it immediately, you can also try pressing CTRL+F and typing in "server name" and pressing enter. This should highlight and take you to the correct area. If you are still unable to find your server name you can contact one of our support agents via chat or phone and they will be happy to retrieve that information for you.
- Press the Home button and select Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Under Accounts, select Add Account...
- Select Other.
- Enter your name (which will show in the from field) and your full email address.
- Enter your email password and description (we recommend the full email address as your description).
- Press Save.
- Select IMAP or POP (we recommend IMAP).
- Under Incoming Mail Server, enter yourservername.boundlesstech.net as the Host Name. (Resellers use yourservername.websitewelcome.com. If this doesn't work try using your server's IP address. VPS and Dedicated use your server's IP address.)
- Enter the full email address as your User Name.
- Enter your email password and then scroll down.
- Enter the same information under Outgoing Mail Server.
- Press Save.
You are now ready to send and receive emails via your iPhone.
I cannot see my IMAP folders.
Please read the Apple support page.
What is the imap path prefix?
The correct code is INBOX (all caps).
- Outlook / Outlook 2007 / Eudora / Thunderbird / Mac Email / Phone Client Settings